How to find your perfect sized condom?
Let's #measureup58! It's very easy to find your correct condom size. Simply print out our MY.SIZE measuring tape or visit your nearest Sexual Health or NZFPA clinic for a free MY.SIZE measuring tape. Free measuring tapes are also available from selected pharmacies.
For free MY.SIZE measuring tapes for distribution contact us at email@example.com or 022 1400 300.
Research on condom fit issues and penis size
Recent penis size studies show mean values of 58.33 mm to 61.15 mm for erect penis width, much bigger than condom sizes currently available on the NZ market.
- Herbenick D, Reece M, Schick V, Sanders SA. Erect penile length and circumference dimensions of 1,661 sexually active men in the United States. J Sex Med. 2014 Jan, 11(1):93-101.
- Veale D, Miles S, Bramley S, Muir G, Hodsoll J. Am I normal? A systematic review and construction of nomograms for flaccid and erect penis length and circumference in up to 15 521 men. BJU Int. 2014 Dec 8.
Condom fit and usage
Many studies look at condom fit, feel and issues, highlighting problems with condom fit and the need for a wider range of condoms. Here are but a few studies.
- Crosby RA, Milhausen RR, Mark KP, Yarber WL, Sanders SA, Graham CA. Understanding problems with condom fit and feel: an important opportunity for improving clinic-based safer sex programs. J Prim Prev. 2013 Apr, 34(1-2):109-15.
- Crosby RA, Yarber WL, Graham CA, Sanders SA. Does it fit okay? Problems with condom use as a function of self-reported poor fit. Sex Transm Infect. 2010, Feb, 86(1):36-8
- Cecil M, Nelson AL, Trussell J, Hatcher R. If the condom doesn't fit, you must resize it. Contraception. 2010 Dec, 82(6):489-90
- Grov C, Wells BE, Parsons JT. Self-reported penis size and experiences with condoms among gay and bisexual men. Arch Sex Behav. 2013 Feb, 42(2)
- Sanders SA, Yarber WL, Kaufman EL, Crosby RA, Graham CA, Milhausen RR. Condom use errors and problems: a global view. Sex Health. 2012 Mar, 9(1):81-95.
- Topping AA, Milhausen RR, Graham CA, Sanders SA, Yarber WL, Crosby RA. A comparison of condom use errors and problems for heterosexual anal and vaginal intercourse. Int J STD AIDS. 2011 Apr, 22(4):204-8.